Friday 25 April 2014

Sandy Toes, Salty Kisses! A Perfect Seaside Wedding...


Time to dance amidst a flurry of confetti! It's officially wedding season...

The first one of the year, for me, was extra special.  Just a few days ago, my son and his wife exchanged vows on the harbour at Cellardyke, surrounded by friends, with vintage bunting fluttering on the washing lines!  Afterwards, we headed to the local hall in nearby Anstruther for a traditional ceilidh.  It was the perfect seaside wedding - simple, genuine, beautiful, laid-back and fun.

If you want to bring a seaside theme to your wedding day - or wedding gift - check out my sea pottery heart collection, which is featured on wall art, stationery, coasters, cups and ceramics.

As you can see, I also love creating ceramic art featuring all kinds of coastal themes...



As an extra special momento of the big day, give the happy couple a truly bespoke, hand-painted gift! In my studio - Karen Edward @ Funky Scottish - I create exclusive, one-off, ceramic pieces to reflect the personalities and passions of the bride and groom!

Here's one of my favourite wedding creations - with a cute VW campervan and a church by the water, this could easily be another idyllic seaside celebration...



Finally, if you're thinking of having a seaside themed wedding, don't miss 'A Vintage Twist...On A Seaside Wedding', written by our friends over at The Vintage Wedding Show, who helped us source the lovely vintage bunting for my son's big day! Here's a peek at their inspiration board...

No comments:

Post a Comment